I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if i can expect Olive to get any bigger. She is a lot smaller than both of her parents and much smaller than we expected. She is 6 months old now and she's 12.4lbs which is about 5.6kg according to google! I was hoping she was going to weigh about 20lbs, but i don't see that happening. Obviously it doesn't matter to me if she stays small, but maybe she'll still grow some more?

My husband thinks she has stunted her growth because she doesn't eat. I'm not so sure about that, but we still have issues getting her to eat. Picky dog!

· Registered
2,870 Posts
Hi Jaime Biscuit doesn't seem to have grown in height and length since he was 6 months but is still filling out - although feels lean. He has gained about 2kg in the last few months. I would expect Olive to at least gain more weight. x

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Hi Jaime. I expect she will grow a bit more, but probably not much. Then she will fill out, so overall weight will be more. Not sure how much it affects their adult size if they don't each much as puppies??

Maisie is much smaller than expected - she's 5.5kg and 12 inches to the shoulder so quite tiny. She didn't eat much as a puppy either, but eats well now on her raw diet (Natural Instinct).

Olive looks lovely anyway, whatever her size. Such distinctive colouring.:)

· Registered
38 Posts
Lola is six months old, weighs 4.8 kilos and is 12 inches tall. She is a mix between an American cocker and toy poodle. She is a terrible eater, doesn't matter what I give her she takes a bit then walks away. It is painful to watch.. I don't think she will get much bigger.
I didn't realise there was such a big size difference between a toy and miniature. I was also expecting her to be bigger but what she loses in size she gains in personality and we love her to bits.

· Registered
3,045 Posts
Dexter is a toy and Bonnie is a miniature and Dexter is much taller than Bonnie. He has has long legs and a lean body and is easily as tall as an average cocker. He has never been a good eater but has thrived on Natural Instinct. Although they are cousins with roan cocker sisters Bonnie has a very different build. She has always been a good eater but has shorter legs and is just generally a smaller dog although she may be due for a last minute boost to her growth. Perhaps the boys are always bigger than the girls? I meant to add that dexter is 10 kilos and Bonnie is 6 kilos.

· Registered
542 Posts
Scarlett is about 7.5 months now and I think that she is pretty much done now. Last time I had her at the vets she weighed 11 pounds, and I don't think that she has grown much since then. Her growth has been a lot more slow and steady as opposed to big spurts over the last few months. Scarlett is also a horrible eater but she always kept growing so I wasn't overly concerned. So like others have said, Olive may have a little bit more in her!

· Registered
93 Posts
The vet told me last week to take their 4 month weight, double it and add a pound or 2 for muscle and that will be their adult weight. What does that calculation tell you? Does it help?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.