I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Rosie out for a walk last night as normal and on the way home, we met my neighbours. Rosie went bananas! Not in an aggressive way, in an excited way, but spinning around and jumping up to the point that I thought she might actually do a back flip or choke herself on her lead. I pulled her away and made her sit and stay, which calmed her a bit, but she was really pulling on the lead after that, as if she was desperate to get home. She normally does pull a bit on the way home, but this was the type of pulling you sometimes see staffies and that type of dog doing, where they're actually scrabbling on the floor with their front paws. I kept stopping walking until she calmed down and eventually got her home, but then for a good hour, she was just bit weird and excited. She kept nibbling my fingertips when I went to stroke her and she was playing really excitedly with her stuffed hippo as if she'd not been on a walk for two weeks or something! She'd had a good 40 minute walk with lots of ball chasing, so I was amazed she still had the energy (she's only 5 months).

She eventually settled down and slept for the rest of the evening, and has been perfectly normal ever since. I've been thinking about it and the only thing I can think of that might have affected her was the wind. It really picked up on our way home from the walk and there were lots of leaves blowing everywhere that she was trying to chase. What do you think? Was it just a mad 2 hours, or have any of your dogs had the wind put up them (sorry!) on a walk like that?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I think that they can pick up the change in air pressure that comes with weather highs and lows and which would be happening when it is really windy. Flo always gets unsettled when storms are approaching.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Lady acts weird before it rains. they totally can sence the change in the pressure.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes I think its the feel of it in their faces and fur my old dogs always went mad when there was snow, racing round biting it jumping etc Harley gets excited in the wind but I think its because it blows thing round like leaves and bits of paper and he pounces after them so it could be that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts