I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rusty is 3.5 months now. He's onto 3 meals a day and seems to have boundless energy. He's got a chubby puppy tummy, but when he gets wet you can see he's still pretty slim.

But he is barely touching his breakfast. I tried giving dinner much earlier, or giving breakfast after his walk, but he doesn't seem interested. Can they go onto 2 meals a day this early? SHould I just persevere and let him eat a tiny bit of kibble in the morning. We've tried different foods and are now on Royal Canin kibble, which I think he really likes.

Thank you!:confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Pixel was also doing this, i think it was too early for her. We now put her bowl in her crate with her so she can eat it when she likes during the day. When I get home from work the bowl has been licked clean. I was worried she wasn't eating enough and this sorted the problem out.

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Every dog is different and some people will advise 2 meals versus 3 meals and vice versa. Double check the amount you are giving over a daily basis (the sum of all the meals), is it right? Perhaps consider cutting the overall amount down or give breakfast later than you are now. Rusty will eat if she's hungry. Trial and error really until you get in to a routine. As long as Rusty is not loosing weight and is growing at the appropriate rate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.