I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny how things work out sometimes. I've been trying to think of ways to bring in extra money for some time now. Hubby Gareth is a self employed sound engineer and we live a bit of a feast and famine existence depending on how much work there is out there. Two active teenagers have also begun to be a drain on resources. I've always needed to be 'on hand' for our disabled son and this has prevented me being able to take a full time teaching post anywhere..........

A couple of weeks ago two small jobs landed in my lap. A good friend and neighbour wanted to replace their late dog with a puppy but teaches part time - three days a week. I couldn't help myself and offered my services immediately! Florence, a 9 week old wire haired Viszla is curled at my feet as I type! (trust me .......it's rarely like this!). She and Basil play non stop.....and she poops blancmange style in most of the corners of my house! Lol :D:D:D

In the same week another friend was given a pedigree Bichon as it's owners were unable to keep it. My friend is a single mum and works full time and didn't know how to cope with walking him during the week. 'Sounds like a job for Karen's Dog Walking Services' I heard myself say! Barty gets an hour's lunchtime walk five days a week! :D:D:D

I already have a weekend holiday booking for this October half term. Bella the yellow Labrador does agility with Rufus and will be coming to stay for 3 nights. :D:D:D

How happy am I? Filling my days with dogs and earning a little pocket money too! Housework will have to wait though.......something had to go!! ;)

Karen xx

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ah, that sounds fab! Well done you for turning your hobby into a source of income - that's the dream! And, if I remember rightly, dog-walking is how Victoria Stilwell started (her of Its Me or the Dog fame), so maybe it will lead to fame and fortune!

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Good on you Karen! Can't wait until I can do more of the same. Jan my youngest goes off to pre school for a couple of mornings and so I too hope to start dog walking aswell as cockapoo sitting:D

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Sounds like you have got your priorites all right to me!!:D:D

After the pampered pooch grooming day you may get some grooming work also...
I'm terrified now the course is getting closer - I still can hardly run a brush trhough
Betty... Could be interesting!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds like you have got your priorites all right to me!!:D:D

After the pampered pooch grooming day you may get some grooming work also...
I'm terrified now the course is getting closer - I still can hardly run a brush trhough
Betty... Could be interesting!!!!
Hi,
I've just contacted them with a view to doing the course in March! Just waiting to hear if there's any places left. You'll have to let me know how it goes.
Pip X

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Hi,
I've just contacted them with a view to doing the course in March! Just waiting to hear if there's any places left. You'll have to let me know how it goes.
Pip X
Hi Pippa,

Will do....hope you get a place. They mucked me about a bit so hope it
will be worth it!! Not sure who I feel sorrier for Betty or me - he he!!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Well done to you Karen, combining an interest with a bit of money-making sounds ideal. Not so keen on the blancmange style poops all over the house though!! :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Well done you, I hope you manage to build this into a regular pocket money supplement as those teenagers are just going to get even more expensive!

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Good for you Karen, it sounds great... Mandys tip is worth looking into though never thought of that lol x
:iagree: with Karen. Well done for going for it! I'm sure you'll love it as much as the dogs no doubt will. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts