I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indy is now 2 months old, I've had him a little over a week. My concern is he has been having diarrhea and today he vomited. Before bringing him home from breeder, he was seen by her vet and given 1st set of shots and a clean bill of health. He's playful but sleeps alot and also is scratching alot and biting at his paws. I am feeding him Blue Buffalo, the chicken and brown rice. Spoke to breeder and he was eating basically the same thing but different brand. She had given me some food to mix with my brand over time which I did. She suggested I give him some Kaopectate, which I have been giving him since yesterday, but it doesnt seem to be helping. I also started him on Frontline yesterday, just in case he may of had a flea bite.

Is this a common concern? Should I maybe try feeding him some rice tomorrow to see if that helps or do you guys think I should try something else?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
all dogs get upset tummys at some point. has it only been since yesterday. how many tes has he been sick. is he drinking.

try him with some steemed white fish and rice.

are you still mixing the food brands, i ways beleave changing foods should be done quickly, no mixing just the new food.

has anything els changed. has he has any new treats, or could he have picked something up in the house and eaten it.

i wouldnt worry too much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kendal.. He seems better today, stool is still soft, but it's been like that from day 1. Hopefully his body will adjust to the food soon...yes I did do it gradual when changing the food. I think he may have just vomited from eating too fast. He's got a ton of energy today so I feel much better. I will give him the steamed fish and rice as you suggested and see how that works.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
When we took Biscuit for his 10 week injections we also spoke about diet and the vet said to look out for chewing of paws as this can indicate an intolerance/allergy to the food. Although she did say this after I said he was on NI which I always feel a mild disapproval towards at this practice. They are a great vet practice but certainly push 'Hills' in a huge way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.