I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just seen an ad on preloved that worries me. A lady is asking if anyone can look after her cockapoo for 6 months as she has to work abroad till september. She is a lovley looking chocolate cockapoo and what worries me is this lady in all good faith handing her dog over to a stranger not knowing what they will do. What if they sell her while she is away and tell her that she ran away.

I don't want to but in but I feel like mailing her and saying that what she is doing is not a good idea, it's none of my business but I think she is making a mistake.

My question on here is ..........would you mail her?
I thought maybe I could tell her about the Cockapoo club and the fostering service that they offer.

What do you think?

Woo

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I certainly wouldn'tbroadcast my girls to the country like that, there are many cruel people in the world stealing dogs and selling them and things, would hate to think it would happen to me.

I wonder why she can't take the dog with her seen as she's going for so long :S Or for family to look after her, i'd never send my babies to strangers from a free ad!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
That is strange, I would send her a little message with a long term option, and to just let her know to be careful as you worry for all dogs....or something to that effect, at least you tried and your conscience can be clear, as opposed to worrying that you did nothing

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I certainly wouldn'tbroadcast my girls to the country like that, there are many cruel people in the world stealing dogs and selling them and things, would hate to think it would happen to me.

I wonder why she can't take the dog with her seen as she's going for so long :S Or for family to look after her, i'd never send my babies to strangers from a free ad!
That's what worries me, what sort of person she may get answering and not know what will go on while shes away.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Woo, very kind of you to worry for her. She may have well not heard of Cockapoo Club and esp the fostering service.

I think for peace of mind you could drop her an email. Maybe just pointing her in the right direction but don't get too involved or corrospond too much, just in case she has a different motive that I can't think of.

The worse she can do is ignore you or tell you to go away. The best she can do is thank you for pointing her in the right direction.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is strange, I would send her a little message with a long term option, and to just let her know to be careful as you worry for all dogs....or something to that effect, at least you tried and your conscience can be clear, as opposed to worrying that you did nothing
Yes, I think your right Amanda, I will, thanks.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Hi Woo,

I'd certainly be worried about offering a "quick-fix" home - does not sound like the consequences have been thought out !

Please feel free to mention about the CCGB's fostering service - the list increases almost daily and I'd certainly look to find a suitable home with the right references and most of all - understanding !

Stephen x

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woo, very kind of you to worry for her. She may have well not heard of Cockapoo Club and esp the fostering service.

I think for peace of mind you could drop her an email. Maybe just pointing her in the right direction but don't get too involved or corrospond too much, just in case she has a different motive that I can't think of.

The worse she can do is ignore you or tell you to go away. The best she can do is thank you for pointing her in the right direction.
I thought about the "motive" thing aswell but also couldn't think what it might be!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Woo,

I'd certainly be worried about offering a "quick-fix" home - does not sound like the consequences have been thought out !

Please feel free to mention about the CCGB's fostering service - the list increases almost daily and I'd certainly look to find a suitable home with the right references and most of all - understanding !

Stephen x
Thanks Stephen, think I will drop her a line as you say just to let her know about your service and then its up to her.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Woo,

Stephen x
I have mailed her Stephen and told her about your fostering service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.