I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out all day today and left Millie in charge of son and hubby. I got home at 6pm and discover that that she hadn't been fed, unless you count lots of treats and she had a short walk in the morning.

We flew out for dinner and when I got home decided that I'd better take Millie for a walk round my local field.

Well, as soon as I let her off the lead she turned into Rocket Dog, ran straight out the field and down the path along the side. Luckily it doesn't back straight onto a road as she rad off down the path and disappeared out of sight.:eek: She reappeared to check in on me and then ran off again:eek: Evenutally I got her back into the field and let her just run and run and run, chasing smells and rabbits.

I had to just hope that the past year of dog training instilled some common sense in her :)

I'm assuming that she wasn't really looked after very well today, what do you think. I told both son & hubby that the reason we have a well behaved dog is because she is execised regulary twice a day and they need to look after her properly.

I'm out again early tomorrow, so it will be down to son to do the dog care better. Fingers crossed.

As for Millie, she's now sound asleep on the sofa lying next to hubby :D

· Registered
3,773 Posts
It sounds like Millie made up for her lack of exercise! :) I just hope that is a one off for you though Julie as that is what Daisy does whenever we go out! :eek: It is a case of 'Bye Mum' and she is gone! She comes back eventually but it is not good. :eek:hno:

I find writing a list works ;) Maybe a little 'To do' list with jobs and in what order and how long each job should take! ;) I promise I am not a control freak but Peter is always telling me to write things down, maybe he is worried about me moaning if he forgets something! :whatever: :D

· Registered
1,727 Posts
I agree with Sarah that it was probably just a lack of exercise and she was bored so went a little bit crazy when she got out. Good luck today and like Sarah says do a list as it is not just men but teenagers who forget as I have to text Madeleine if I am out to remind her to give Beau her meds etc although she says she will remember so maybe it is just me being a control freak :rolleyes: x

· Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Charlie was great today. He gave Millie and walk, fed her and took Millie to see Lolly for a big play. :D

I was off at a beauty seminar today and was the model for medical needling (seriously top end beauty procedure) I posted a picture of me on my FB page :eek: Brilliant day, but I'm sitting her now with a rather pink face :eek:

When i got home, Millie did her usual enthusiastic greeting, but I couldn't let her anywhere near my face for kisses :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.