I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

You go on with out me!!!!

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jools 
She is ok if you have her in the car and you drive her to a park etc, she enjoys a walk. It's when she is in the house and she see's you with the lead, she runs off into her basket and cracks on she is tired!! As soon as you leave the house she drags her bottom or turns the opposite way :mad: And then finally as we get to a certain distance from our house she will give up her fight and start to walk :confused:
Maisie has been like this sometimes, especially if one of my boys walks her, very frustrating for them!

Its like they prefer to be driven to a nice walk than have to walk along the pavement to get there - sometimes a little firmness helps so they know that you control the walk, not them ......but she is only a baby, she should outgrow it. :)

..... he has learnt thought that a treat comes when he walks nicely but has now started to sit more often as he thinks more treats will come when he starts to walk again (cheeky monkey)!!!!
I have had this sometimes too .....have to be careful to treat only when they are walking (not sitting, to get them to walk). They're not daft, are they?!? :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.