I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Yucky pukey!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Kirsty 
#1 ·
So last night, about 4am Bella woke up and she was sick a couple of times :( it was sort of a white foamy stuff that came out and it wasnt very much!!
It didnt happen at all since. All morning she was fine. Should I be concerned?

#2 ·
I walked with a friend a few weeks back with a labradoodle puppy who vomited the same white foamy stuff. He then started having runny poos later that day and continued to be unwell for a couple of weeks needing antibiotics. If it was me I might just give the vets a call to see if the foam indicates anything needing attention. Not wishing to alarm you though! - just thought it might be worth a check.

#3 ·
it can also be caused by a completely empty stomach, We have started to have to give Lady a little snack right before bed...and it has stopped this.
It is a common problem in Boxers as they have really high metabolisms and bur through what they have eaten quicker.

#4 ·
We have a very similar thing with Archie at the moment, except his is more yellow-y bile? He eats well enough, leaves what he doesn't want - he seems happy enough in himself - running around, chasing the cats and being fussed.

He doesn't do it all the time - but it's happened often enough now that we are concerned ... I'm wondering if a little check up at the vets just to be sure that it's nothing to be overly concerned about?

#5 ·
Betty is the same and went through a phase of a yellow foamy puke a couple of mornings a week. I now make sure she's had a treat of some sort in the evening, i was giving her a Lily's Kitchen Bedtime Biscuit at bedtime but she went off them, and it's only happened once or twice since then.

As Betty seems fine in herself I've not mentioned it to the vet but may do when her booster vaccination is due.

#10 ·
If you google it it does often say it relates to an empty tummy so hopefully that's all it is. I remember reading this when I thought Biscuit was gagging in the mornings - but I now think he had a cough. I always throw him a small handful of treats into his crate at bedtime, as otherwise it's 13 hours between meals which is a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.